Virto Commerce Architecture Reference in Azure
Virto Commerce is a scalable e-commerce solution and designed to build large and complex digital commerce solutions for B2B, B2C or B2B2C business, marketplaces and derived SaaS commerce platforms.
The content presentation layer (front-end) is separated from the business logic and functional layer. All the functionality that the platform has is exposed as various Restful API’s that fully satisfy the main principles of SOA (Service-oriented architecture). You can increase the number of channels to search for and purchase products while having a unified presentation across devices and touchpoints.
Using Virto Commerce platform developers can focus on building personalized experiences and let Azure take care of the infrastructure.
Virto Commerce can be integrated into business ecosystem via Azure Logic Apps.
- A customer accesses the public website in the browser
- Browser pulls static resources and product images from Azure Content Delivery Network
- A customer browses the catalogue, add a product to cart, place the order, etc.
- Content Delivery Network pulls product images from blob storage
- Storefront App calls Rest API methods to communicates with different VC modules
- The Content module loads product images from Azure Blob Storage
- The Catalog module loads products from the full-text search engine (Azure Search)
- The Order module pulls customer from the customer database
- The result from DB is cached in the Redis Cache
- An employee accesses the admin website in the browser
- Employee authenticates against Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Logic App loads new orders to sync with ERP (integration)
- The external client search products and creates an order data via API Management
- Access to 3rd party payment, tax, loyalty, etc. services
- App Insights as Primary Application Performance Management
- Power BI as Primary reporting service